Sunday, October 14, 2007

Random things

I really haven't felt much like blogging recently - I'm not sure why. I've definitely been busy since school started, but it doesn't seem like anything very interesting has happened. Hopefully it passes...in the meantime, a quick update:

Mom and Dad bought me an early birthday presentWoohoo!! 8 megapixels!! Thank you Mom and Dad!!!! Now I can take decent up-close pictures of my knitting, which I could never do before without serious focus problems:That, by the way, is an extreme close-up of what I've been working on for the last month: These are the pieces-parts to a coat for KnitPicks, made in undyed Wool of the Andes. (85 pound Airedale included for scale) I'll show a completed picture of the coat when I finish it - I still have to knit one sleeve, a 92" band, and a hood. The whole thing is 34" long...that's a lotta plain knitting!
Speaking of Airedales, I got these in the mail last week from Wee Ones - they're the cutest stitch markers ever!! The detail is astounding, especially when you consider that each one is smaller than a penny. She has a lot of really cute markers - everything from cheese to dogs to cake! Sabrina got a set of the cheese markers from her secret pal, so I had to go check out the site.
If you have an airedale, you know this face:
I'm getting ready to send out my 3rd package to my Secret Pal. I hope she likes what I've chosen for her this time! It's been almost a month since I've heard from my own Secret Pal, though...and nothing at all from my mailman. :-( After what happened with SP7 (when Peacock stepped in and became the most wonderful Angel ever!), I worry that I've been forgotten yet again. Maybe there will be something in my mail tomorrow...

Itty Bitty wasn't thrilled when I was playing with the zoom on my new camera
Back to my knitting...

1 Comments:

Blogger blueadt said...

I've got the same stitchmarkers & they're so cute!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home