Sunday, August 27, 2006

It's a Wrap...

I finished seaming the sweater. After I washed and blocked it, Kyle and I went to Joanne Fabrics so that he could pick out the buttons - I think that he did well once again! Since no adult that I know is a size small, I drove the sweater out to my sister's house, and my 14 year old niece Sarah modeled for me.
The sweater turned out fairly well, I think, although I'm really not thrilled with the way the double crochet edging lays on the front. The edging seems to be causing the bottom front to droop pretty badly, but maybe on an adult it will hang differently. I'm not a fan of crochet edgings anyway, so I'm just a tad biased - I much prefer I-Cord as an edging. Maybe they can block it to hang correctly...I'm not exactly known for my blocking skills. :-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on another sweater! (Going in the Camp fund?!) Hope school's been going well this first week. Ours starts tomorrow.

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute! Is this for Knitpicks?

9:33 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Very nice sweater! You did a really nice job.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home