Thursday, July 31, 2008

Oft-Timers, 2008

How on earth do you explain Knitting Camp to someone who has never been there?
There are knitters

Knitters

and more knitters. You have to watch these 3 - they're troublemakers! :-)

AliceMay just *looks* innocent...

In the evening, there were spinners, too
How many knitters does it take to dress Franklin?
apparently, at least 4...

Clothing was tried on and modeled

Cookie, Kristi and Michael tried on EZ's hats. Michael had just finished that sweater ...but the ensemble wasn't complete without the shoes:

Yes, those are individual toes.

Speaking of playing dress-up, Franklin struck a pose (or three) with Maureen's shawl
There was the mandatory fish fry at Sceeter & Otis'
and lots of laughing
The rest of my pictures are on my flickr page, but here are a few of the show and tell items

Holly's beautiful shawl
Joy's gorgeous sweater
Joyce modeled her beaded poncho that she transformed into a sweater
and Becky's cabled sweater was absolutely stunning
For the Knitted Memories contest, the entries were astounding. Franklin won with his EZ miniatures, set in a museum-style specimen case (complete with pins)
Pauline placed high with "The Busy Knitter"
and one of my favorites - Ruth knitted a Joey Ramone doll, and dressed him in a mini EZ sweater

The goodbyes came too soon (don't they always?)

The rule states that if you see Emily Ocker, you have to hug her
(okay, so that's just my rule, but I think it's a good one)

Jinny Lee is a goof, and I just love her to death!
That's Sam, 2nd from the left. I didn't get any good pictures (I got a lot of dark ones) of his sweaters, but his colorwork is just amazing
A great time was had by all, and boy, did I learn a lot!!
Now to start saving my pennies for next year...

2 Comments:

Blogger Franklin said...

Oh, happy memories! Thank you a thousand times :-)

8:42 PM  
Blogger Dot Com Mom said...

Wow, how fun. I'm green with envy.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home