Saturday, April 01, 2006

Presents and a shawl


The UPS man brought these yesterday - they are early anniversary (which isn't until June 9th!) presents from my Mom and Dad. :-) The teapot is getting put to good use - I'm fighting some kind of a flu-type bug right now, and I've been drinking pot after pot of tea. If I'm feeling better tomorrow, I'm going to try out the mandolin - I have a whole bag of potatoes that need to be made into potato chips. Right now, I don't trust myself with anything sharp!



Since I haven't moved off of the chair for most of the day (Theraflu is a wonderful thing; I just wish its effects lasted until the next dosage time), I decided to finish off my mystery shawl. It came off of the needles early this afternoon, and it looked like this:
Basically, a pile of purple dental floss. Blocking is a wonderful thing, though...here it is draped on my couch (Gracie included for scale - my couch is 90" long))
I had Kelson and his friend Richard hold it up on the wall so you could see the actual pattern: Of course, the first words out of my ever-so-supportive husband's mouth were "what good is that?"

I used 3-1/2 skeins of Icelandic Laceweight from Schoolhouse Press. I have a whole bag of 10, so I can still make something else with the leftovers. I love this yarn - you can't see it, but it has just the faintest tinges of blue and pink running through it. It's really nice to knit with, too.

I turned the heel on my sock and I'm almost done with the decreases for the gusset. I don't know if I like this heel or not - I'll have to see how it feels when I wear it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the 'what good is that category'-- it is good for 1. making wife feel happy 2. compliments to said wife 3.making husband proud of such a fine wife. Hope you feel much better soon (though that much fiber time is as healing as anything) and can celebrate your anniversary when all is feeling much better!

9:00 PM  
Blogger blueadt said...

They're up & smelling far nicer - vbg

6:18 PM  
Blogger Teyani said...

that shawl is fabulous !
Hope you get over the sniffles soon.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

"That's so odd, honey, that's just what someone said to me the other day about you... but I'll keep you around anyway...."


It's lovely work!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

I love this shawl! And those needles! I know they were a pretty penny! :) Happy knitting

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home