Tuesday, November 15, 2005

It's outta here!!!

This is the Salina sweater that I just finished for KnitPicks. It's a gorgeous pattern from the Rowan Vintage Knits book. This is made in Twist (aka that @#$%& yarn) and it came out looking a lot better than I thought it would! You can't see the yellow, pink and green ribbon running all through this yarn...


It is now winging its way to Washington, and I'm ecstatic that it's out of my house. :-) I may knit this pattern again, but in wool...and I'll change it to knitting in the round. Kim Hargreaves is a brilliant designer, but I wonder what she really thinks about knitters sometimes - all of her patterns seem to have 4,287 pieces that need to be sewn together at the end.
Not bad for a giant Easter Egg!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Salina" means "salt" and any water nearby is usually 'saline' -- we have a Salina near here where salt was mined. How does the meaning mesh with the sweater? Hopefully you have some 'time off' to work on Christmas presents! Here it was 70 degrees today and snow due in 36 hours or so....sigh.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Well, the words that came out of my mouth when I was knitting this sweater were most definitely salty - does that count? :-)

9:04 PM  
Blogger tatjana said...

it looks lovely! i wouldn't have thought twist would be so cuddly looking...congratulations on getting it done! be gone the cursed %/ยง& yarn! :D

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great!!

- Secret Pal

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home