Friday, October 14, 2005

I've been tagged...

BlueADT (the knitting Airedale owner in England) has tagged me... so here goes nuthin'!

10 YEARS AGO
I was living in a rented farmhouse 2 miles from where I grew up. My heating bill was $400/month every winter, because my moron landlord refused to admit that the 50 year old propane furnace in the basement was a piece of garbage. My youngest son was 9 months old, and my oldest was 3. I was working as an executive secretary for a steel company (assisant to the VP) and I hated every minute of it.

5 YEARS AGO
We were adjusting to living in my mother-in-law's basement. We had moved into another, bigger farmhouse 3 years before, and the psychotic bitch of a landlord and her whipped husband decided to sell the house out from under us. My MIL had a heart attack the previous May, so it worked out well - we were able to help her around the house, and she, for the most part, let us be. I had quit my job and gone back to get my teaching certificate, and I was subbing all over Medina County.

1 YEAR AGO
Working at my current high school as the in-school suspension teacher. We had bought a house 10 houses down the street from my MIL, so my kids didn't have to change schools - or even bus stops. We're still close enough that we can help her if needed

FIVE SNACKS
black olives, popcorn, dark chocolate, tortilla chips, cheese cubes

FIVE SONGS I KNOW ALL THE WORDS TO
1.We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel
2.Scenes from an Italian Restaurant - Billy Joel
3.Me & Bobby McGee - Janis Joplin
4.Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - Warren Zevon
5. Anything the Statler Brothers ever did (this is Mom and Dad's fault! )

FIVE THINGS I WOULD DO WITH $100 MILLION
1.Pay off the mortgages of everybody I'm directly related to
2.Walk up to the people who now own my grandparent's property in Michigan and say "Here's a million dollars. Get the hell out."
3. Build a house on a big piece of property in southern Ohio - to let the Airedales run
4. Open a yarn shop. There isn't one within 30 miles of here.
5. Make sure college educations are paid for, and bank the rest

FIVE PLACES TO RUN AWAY TO
1. My grandparents' old place in Michigan - 80 acres in the middle of the Manistee National Forest. I used to run away there all the time - it was my refuge
2. Southern Ohio
3. Southeastern West Virginia.
4. England. There is so much I want to see, and one of my passions is the lives of the Medieval and Renaissance royalty. I want to see the places that I obsessively read so much about.
5. Anyplace quiet and peaceful - and preferably warm

FIVE THINGS I WOULD NEVER WEAR
1. Ponchos. I was old enough the first time they were in style, so I'm automatically disqualified
2. Low-rise jeans - I'm over 30, and that makes me too old to try to look like I'm 16
3. A bikini
4. Heels (of ANY height) with shorts
5. Belly shirts (see #2)

FIVE FAVORITE TV SHOWS
1. CSI (the original)
2. Andy Griffith
3. M*A*S*H
4. Without a Trace
5. Survivor

FIVE BIGGEST JOYS
1. My kids
2. My pets
3. Knitting
4. Spinning
5. Snow Days

FAVORITE TOYS
1. My computer / the internet (how else would I *meet* a knitting airedale owner from England?) :-)
2. My knitting and my yarn stash
3. My spinning wheel and fiber stash
4. My digital camera
5. My books

PEOPLE TO PASS THIS ON TO
Sabrina
Caryn
Terry
Tatjana
Amie

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun! I got a postcard today (Saturday) from Schoolhouse Press...did you? Can hardly wait (hoping for Camp 2)....

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home