Sunday, October 02, 2005

See you in the spring, guys

I went to the final Indians game today - what a heartbreaker. The loss was really a moot point anyway, since the Red Sox stomped the living crap out of the Yankees. For us to go on in the playoffs, we needed to win and Boston needed to lose so we could play Boston for the wildcard.

I *really* hated having to root for the Yankees. It goes against everything that's right in the world.

Now I don't know who to root for in the American League championships...Boston is nearly as bad as the Yankees, and I can't bring myself to root for a west coast team, either, so the Angels are out. I guess, for Sabrina's sake, I'll root for Chicago. :-)

The stadium actually ran out of peanuts after the 3rd inning! The entire stadium! That was either poor planning on the part of stadium management, or they really didn't think the Indians would get past today, either.

Season opener is April 3, 2006 in Chicago...it's going to be a long 6 months!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Pirates certainly haven't done well, either -- now the Entire coaching staff has been fired... am looking forward to next Spring, too....

10:55 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Yep, I feel for you. It came down to the last game for our Phillies, too - Phils had to win (which they did), and Houston, drat! had to lose. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Philadelphia teams are just heartbreakers!

Wendy

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home