Tuesday, December 27, 2005

post-Christmas miscellany

We did Christmas Eve at my sister's house. I drew my Aunt Bev's name in the family gift exchange - the vest that I designed was for her.
It fit! She wears vests nearly every day, and she really seemed to like it. :-)

Kyle was ecstatic about the boxed Narnia set that Grandma and Grandpa got for him He's been reading the series, and my boxed set is falling apart - it's over 30 years old!

Ricki, however, was NOT thrilled with the bag of coal that Grandma and Grandpa got her. It's candy coal, but that doesn't matter to a 4-year-old! :-)

My favorite Christmas present, from mom and dadI've wanted this book for eons!! It's absolutely stuffed with information about lace knitting.
I've been knitting on Ginny's shawl - I only have 2 repeats to go. It looks the same as it did, just bigger. I should be able to finish it by New Year's.

Queen Matilda was looking lonely this morning, so I dug through my roving and found this I had forgotten all about this roving - I bought it at Knitting Camp from Mielke's Fiber Farm. Queen Matilda seems to have forgiven me for neglecting her, because this is what I have so far:I just have to free up another bobbin so I can start the second ply this afternoon.

Kevin and Kelson are on another hunting trip - they'll be home tomorrow. In the meantime, I've been playing with Kelson's new MP3 player that he got for Christmas. I'm starting to wonder about my state of mind, I think...after I finished loading it with music, I realized that I managed to fill it with music that reminds me of high school and college. There's a little bit of more modern stuff, but it still reminds me of 1981...
For example:
Boston - Can'tcha Say You Believe in Me
Green Day - Time of Your Life
Moody Blues - Once Upon a Time
Eagles - Wasted Time
America - Sister Golden Hair
Zappacosta - It's All Been Done Before
Nickelback - Photograph
Phil Collins - Take a Look at Me Now
Ozzy Osbourne - So Tired
Chris DeBurgh - Ship to Shore

Wow - I sure had a lot of angst and regret in the early 80's! Most of it seems to revolve around the summer of 1981...

I'm going to have to unload this thing before they get home tomorrow, or I'll never hear the end of the ridicule. Maybe I'll burn myself a CD that I can listen to in the truck.





3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't happy receivers of knitted items fun!?! 2 scarves, an American Girl doll sweater, a stranded Christmas stocking and a catnip mouse were all received extremely well -- now there's the big sigh of relief! And DH bought me a digital Canon!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Merry Christmas!

2:28 PM  
Blogger blueadt said...

We've been playing in the snow!

Blue & Annie

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home