Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Done! (well, almost)

The basketweave sweater became a vest: I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out! In this picture, the vest is drying on a towel, and it's taking up the entire width of my dining room table. I ordered 4 small pewter clasps from Schoolhouse Press for the front of it. After I cut the front and the armholes, I ran an I-Cord edging around the entire thing (2-stitch I-Cord around the armholes, and 3-stitch around the rest). When it's all done I'll take a better picture. :-)
Now I just need to write my pattern down so I can remember what I did..

I had one ball of Noro Kureyon in color 179, so I followed Tatjana's lead and started a scarf in a brioche-type rib.

Well, one thing led to another, and Little Knits was having a clearance sale, and my birthday is coming, so I treated myself and now I have this:
Woohoo!! 10 balls of Kureyon in color 134! Sooooooo...last night I measured myself (ACK!), figured out my gauge, and cast on this:I'm making myself a sweater. :-) I did 3 rows of seed stitch - just enough so it won't curl - and now I'm going to knit until I figure out what I'm going to do for a neckline. Since I wear a lot of turtlenecks, I'm thinking V-neck. I'm going to do a little bit of shaping at the waist as I go; I haven't decided how much yet...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Kureyon! Good self-birthday present! Finished with Christmas knitting? I'm still working on some and if the weather is at all like predicted tomorrow, it'll be a great knitting day!

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home