Saturday, November 26, 2005

Sometimes I wonder

This is how my boys and my nieces entertained themselves on Thanksgiving day...I don't even know what to call this! Please note that nobody's hands are touching the ground, and they have no support underneath them.On the knitting front, I finished part of my next project for KnitPicks - a felted slipper sock. Once this is felted, I will knit a stretchy cuff and sew it on, and then attach the felted I-Cord as trim. This is with 2 strands of one of their sock yarns; do you have any idea how hard it is to keep the color changes coordinated so they stay together?
This is a sweater I'm designing on the fly - I'm making it with Harrisville Highland, and it's a gorgeous purple. I'm going to steek the front and the armholes (see the kangaroo pouches on the side?) The whole thing is in basketweave...which I regret now because I hate purling! I'm in the process of decreasing along each side of the front steek, so it will be a V-Neck. We'll see how this turns out...









Kevin brought some kind of virus back from his hunting trip last weekend, and he was kind enough to share it with me. Ugh. I think I'm going to buy stock in NyQuil, Vicks and Kleenex...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you had some crud passed your direction. Don't suppose You had any time to zonk out on Turkey Day? Most of our snow is gone for a day or two. You're knitting a lot of cool colors lately...no Christmas joyous colorwork!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hee hee. At least they are amusing themselves.

thanks for the picture.

10:09 AM  
Blogger blueadt said...

I've found another knitting adtlover!

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's very M.C. Escher...cool!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home