Sunday, October 16, 2005

Holy Cow

I think I need a 12-step program or something ("Hello, my name is Kim, and I'm a yarn-a-holic"). I'm cleaning out the computer/fiber room so the new windows can be installed next week, and here's what I came up with. Every one of these is stuffed to the gills... They need to be reorganized in their tubs, but at least they're in tubs! My cone yarns are not included in these tubs - they're on a shelf. Also missing from this picture are my projects-in-progress, which filled one of those XXL Ziploc bags to about 2/3. There's not a speck of acrylic in these tubs. I filled a 13-gallon garbage bag with the synthetics, and I'm going to gift them to my 15 year old niece. I taught her how to knit about a month ago and she's completely, utterly hooked, so I know those yarns will be put to use.

My spinning fibers aren't here, either - I have many tubs of processed fleece. I need to spend more time spinning; I haven't had my drum carder out in months!

I need to win the lottery or something, so I can stay home and play with my fiber.

2 Comments:

Blogger sabrina said...

Hah! Well, you certainly made me feel a lot better about my own stash. Now I know mine is totally under control and I haven't got to worry about a thing. :-)

Now if I can just finish these backpack straps before I run out of this yarn ...!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

No worries, I'm right there with you. It would be odd if you DIDN'T own all that yarn.

that is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home