Saturday, October 15, 2005

Secret Pal Strikes Again!


The mailman brought me a box, and in that box was a cellophane gift bag. Inside the gift bag was this:


Coffee themed, personalized stitch markers!! These are just too cool!! And they come with a cute little tin for keeping them organized. Coffee and knitting - the two things that I need to get through the day. Thank you very much, Secret Pal!! :-)

I finished the back of the Twist sweater, and have cast on for the front. The whole concept of knitting things in pieces really kinda throws me, because I haven't knit anything in pieces since...the last sweater I made for KnitPicks. It's not the finishing that gets me, because I really don't mind finishing and I'm fairly good at it; it's just that I hate mass quantities of purling. This is actually a very nice sweater design - Kim Hargreaves does really nice shaping in the pattern. When I make another one - in wool, this time - I'm going to convert it to knitting in the round.

I got my postcard for next year's Knitting Camp in the mail today!! It's only October, and I can't wait until next July!!!!! Now I have to decide which session I'm going to attend. When is everybody else planning to go?

And, just because he's cute, I present Itty-Bitty (formerly known on this blog as Baloo).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! Cute indeed -- at least no bitey-face going on at the moment! I'm hoping for Camp 2 (since it's the next in sequence), whatcha think?

5:01 PM  
Blogger sabrina said...

Awww! He looks like Kiyoshi!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Terry Sailingknitter said...

POSTCARD????? AGHHH...I'll have to do a deep dig in the junk mail pile for my postcard. My husband gets the mail each day, picks out his "good stuff" and dumps the rest in a basket for me.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home