Monday, September 26, 2005

My Swift is crying...


About 6 months ago, I bought this skein of yarn from somebody on the KnitSwap list.

It is a HUGE skein of very nice millspun wool.


However...



Whoever was running the skeiner at this particular mill should be taken out and beaten with a large stick. It was twisted and tangled - all while being tied off in four places!

My swift was NOT happy with me when I did this to it:


It was groaning the entire time I was running the ball winder! After an hour, and many stops and starts to rotate the megaskein on the swift, I got this:


This yarn is nearly identical to Briggs & Little Regal - and I wound these to the same size balls as as skein of Regal. Regal has 272 yards in a skein; I'd have to guess that these have at *least* 250 yards each, and I managed to get 4-1/2 balls. That's a big skein of yarn! :-)

Now I have to figure out what to make...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like an Aran to me...

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home