Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Secret Pal 6 Survey

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)?
I loooove wool, alpaca, silk, wool, cotton, and wool. Any natural fibers, actually. I’m trying, little by little, to purge my life of acrylics. I guess that qualifies me as a yarn snob.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I spin quite a bit on my Kromski Minstrel. Right now I’m spinning buffalo, but I’m right in the middle of a "silk phase." I can crochet – I’ve made quite a few doilies in my time, but I don’t enjoy it as much as knitting.
3. Do you have any allergies?
None whatsoever!
4. How long have you been knitting?
34 of my nearly 40 years! My grandma taught me when I was 6, and my 5th grade teacher helped me along.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Absolutely!!!
6. Do you have a favorite scent?
I make my own candles, soap and lotion – my favorites change almost weekly.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Ummm…yes. Dark chocolate is my weakness.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I’m a soapmaker, I quilt and cross-stitch, and I know there are other things out there that I like to do – I just haven’t discovered them yet!
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like almost any music that is pre-1980.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite color is maroon, but I love any color in the blue/purple/red category. No gold, orange or greens, though – they make me look ill when I wear them.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have 2 boys, ages 13 and 10 (and 43, if you count my husband). I also have a mini dachsund, an airedale puppy, 4 cats, a baby snake and my oldest son has a tarantula.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To make my living in a fiber-related capacity. It’s not going to happen, I know, but a girl can dream!
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I have so many favorites!! Anything from Brown Sheep, Bartlett, Jamieson & Smith, Briggs & Little, Dale of Norway, Philosopher’s Wool…
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
No fun fur or novelty crapola. I won’t knit with something that looks like somebody ritually sacrificed a Muppet. 15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Cabled Cardigans in the round and lace shawls
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Lace shawls, anything with colorwork or cables
17. What are you knitting right now?
A lace mystery shawl, Birch, socks, a sweater I’m designing, a Fair Isle cardigan and a scarf for the KnitPicks catalog. And - I just cast on Inishmore
18. What do you think about ponchos?
No. Un-uh. I was old enough to wear them the first time, so I’m automatically disqualified from having to deal with them this time around!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circulars. I own straights, but I use them as bobbin holders when I’m wrapping plied yarn onto my niddy-noddy.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
It depends on the fiber. I really like anything that Inox makes, though.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yep!!!
22. How did you learn to knit?
See #4
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
About 5 years – I started making a cardigan for my MIL, and then she gained weight and it wouldn’t fit her anymore even if I finished it.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
SpongeBob is awesome!! I also love anything with Airedales and Dachsunds on it.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
I like all holidays – I love when family gets together, but Christmas is probably my favorite
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Pre 1960s cookbooks and old knitting books. I'm also trying to collect all of the Wool Gatherings
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Cast On, Vogue Knitting, InKnitters
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
The 2nd Barbara Walker treasury,
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
Any of the Fiber Trends lace shawl patterns.

1 Comments:

Blogger sabrina said...

oh, you yarn snob you... you get credit for msking me an out-of-the-box one too! *smirk*

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home