Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Shawl

This is the cat's paw/old shale shawl from Spin-Off (I'll have to look to see which issue). I finished it at the end of the summer - it's spread out over my double bed before I blocked it. I made it from Lamb's Pride worsted. It should be a little bit bigger, but I ran out of yarn. :) Posted by Hello


Unfortunately, I can only block it as big as my double bed. I'm going to have to take it down to Mom and Dad's and block it out on their king size mattress.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking as someone who has absolutely no experience with blocking, but is a voracious reader, I understand that you can block it in pieces. i.e. You block out a portion as big as your bed, let it set, then do the next portion.

Barbara

http://sermomknits.blog-city.com

5:17 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thank you! I hadn't even thought about trying that! I wouldn't need 700 pins at once that way, either. :)

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home