Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Knitting crankiness

Well, they announced the winners of the Knitty calendar contest. This was my entry. I really didn't think that I would win, although I thought that the pictures came out kind of cute. I wasn't prepared for the entries that did win, though. Ummmm....how do I put this tactfully? Well, I can't. The best way, I think, is to see the winners for yourself. Go here and click on "view calendar pages."

I guess I misread the directions for the contest. I *thought* it said that you had to show off a Knitty project in a creative way, but in a way that shows the project well. A couple of the pictures were nice, but the rest? I didn't realize that the directions *really* said "it doesn't matter what the actual project looks like, as long as the picture is bizarre."

To quote my dad: "I wouldn't hang that calendar hanging on a garage wall." :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Teyani said...

I agree with your Dad- not an interesting calendar.. I much prefer the Knitter's Review one - artful and tasteful. No need to be distressed, they must not have deserved you.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that the correct word is bizarre.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home