Thursday, December 15, 2005

not a good day

Today was a pretty terrible day. When I got back from lunch, I got my coffee cup from my desk and topped it off in the teacher's workroom like I always do. When I drank it later, it tasted funny - turns out a student had, while I was gone, spiked it with the Purell hand sanitizer that I keep on my desk! 5 kids turned him in on the spot. He's an honors student, too. :-(

After the initial hubbub (the school nurse had to call poison control, etc...) I had to sit in on this kid's suspension meeting - out for 10 with a possible expulsion. He admitted it and apologized over and over again. I was extremely upset - for one thing, another teacher covers me and *should* have been at my desk the entire time. For another, I deal with the worst of the worst, and those kids wouldn't even do something like that. I never expected it from an honors kid that I get along with really well. I think my heart hurts more than anything else.

They sent me home about an hour early...

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

That's horrible!! I hope you're feeling better soon. That kid oughta be arrested. What a creep.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Terry Sailingknitter said...

So sad. Especially when you know the person it really makes it personal. Sometimes even the best of kids make really stupid decisions under peer pressure.

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sorry. just really glad you're ok. but there's a happy birthday coming up! i hope your special day is really special. and fibery.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Purell? Well, it's all alcohol, but not the good kind! Yeah, he ought to be arrested for intentional poisoning. Maybe you'd like for me to kneecap the kid? Nah, that would be wrong, and I'm sure the little sh*t is in more than enough trouble...

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home