Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Cabling as fast as I can

A woman who works for my sister has a little girl named Emily. Emily is 5 years old, and she is fighting for her life right now. She has recently lost all of her hair as the chemo for her brain tumor is wracking her body. I have never met Emily or her mother, but she needs chemo caps. I have a skein of Rowan Calmer in a beautiful pale purple, and I'm knitting Shedir for her. U.S. Bank in Elyria (where my sister and Emily's mom work) is sponsoring a spaghetti dinner to raise money later this month, and my goal is to have this in her hands and on her head well before then.

The sweater can wait.

1 Comments:

Blogger Teyani said...

that is so totally beautiful. She will love it, and all your joy in creating it will go right to her heart. how fabulous Kim!

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home