Saturday, February 18, 2006

Intarsia in the Round

It's official - Meg Swansen is a genius!! I finally hit the colorwork on the Cuff-to-Cuff Pullover, and I just finished the intarsia sections. For years it was said that intarsia-in-the-round was impossible, and Meg proved them wrong. The instructions in this pattern are remarkably clear.
My progress so far - unblocked:
The bottom 2 rows of the intarsia pattern are going to be duplicate-stitched at the end.

I had to do some fudging on the main part of the sweater. As I was getting close to doing the colorwork, I realized that I wasn't going to have enough stitches on the sweater to do full repeats of the pattern! Solution: I did a "mini-gusset" increase on both sides, right under the armpit. Ta-da!! Enough stitches, and the increase looks like it's supposed to be there. :-)

My knitting class went beautifully!! I had a blast, and the 13 (!!) women that showed up knew how to long-tail cast on, knit and purl by the time the two hours were up!! Next week we'll review, and I'll actually have time to teach them to increase and decrease before I teach them how to bind off. Five of them had never held needles before, and the rest had learned to knit when they were children but hadn't touched it since. I was exhausted when the class was over, but it was a great time!!

Gracie and her sound-asleep, upside-down smile:She rolled completely off of the couch about 10 minutes after this picture was taken...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooohhhh...knew the cuff to cuff would be pretty...can hardly wait to see more! How exciting the class was for you! They doing a little project for next week? And that Gracie! Such a galumpher! You oughta see the mini schnauz, the cat and the great pyr all on my couch at once! (Need to try to have a camera ready next time!)

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home