Saturday, January 28, 2006

Get away from me with that butterfly net!!!

I'm now officially part of
and boy, am I going to need it!!
I'm in the process of knitting another sweater for KnitPicks...my contact asked me Thursday if I would do it, the yarn came Friday afternoon, and it has to be at the UPS store by the 10th. That same evening is the lighting of the Olympic torch, and the start of the Knitting Olympics.
No Pressure...
In my ultimate stupidity wisdom, I offered, several months ago, to teach a "Knitting 101" class at the library. Two Thursday nights for 2 hours each. Those two Thursday nights just happen to be February 16th and 23rd...right smack dab in the middle of the Olympics.
Okay, we can get through that...
They set the class limit at 12, and started advertising last week on the local cable information channel.
No worries...
The lady from the library called. The class is full, and they have let 4 more people into the class (but they BEGGED!" she said). They have 9 more on the waiting list, and more are calling each day.
Huh. I was worried that I was going to be sitting there by myself, and nobody would show up.
Minor panic may start setting in any day now...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

deep breath. Deep breath. Deep Breath. OK, now you can do it!

6:07 PM  
Blogger sabrina said...

they let more in???

gah.

what about recruiting someone to help you out during the class, walk around to help show people what you're talking about, so you won't be stretched quite so thing?

1:10 AM  
Blogger Teyani said...

How fabulous that knitting is such a great new hobby where you are - sounds like they'll be signing up for class number two !!
Go for it ! (and charge more :-) ) You're worth it!!

10:50 PM  
Blogger sixmitts said...

I see you are from Ohio. Are you close to Louisville? You definitely need help with so many ppl. I'm sure everyone will have a blast, though, one way or another. Maybe you could sit everyone in a circle and show the person on your left and the one on your right. Then they show the people next to them, etc. Kind of like the old "telephone" game. You can see which side of the circle gets the most confused. :-)

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home