Monday, January 09, 2006

Secret Pal 7 Questionaire!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? For the most part, yes I am a yarn snob. I'll use Wool-Ease in a pinch, but I prefer natural animal fibers.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? Yes to both! I have a Kromski Minstrel named Queen Matilda. I *can* crochet - I've been known to whip up a lace doily or two - but I prefer not to.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I use a two-sided plastic worm holder from Bass Pro Shops and keep my needles in the plastic ziploc sleeves
4. How long have you been knitting? 34 years!! My grandma taught me when I was 6.
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?Advanced
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yep!
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like all kinds of scents; I make soap, lotion and candles, so my favorite changes quite a bit
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Definitely! I have a weakness for dark chocolate,
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Besides spinning and soapmaking, I also quilt, cross stitch and garden.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
As long as it's not hip-hop or rap, I'll probably like it! I prefer pre-1980's.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Maroon is my favorite, but I like anything in the blue/purple/red range. I look ill when I wear yellow and orange, so I avoid them.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
One husband, two kids, two dogs, five cats, a baby ball python and my son's tarantula. Gives a whole new meaning to the term menagerie!
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Northeast Ohio winters usually require scarves, hats and mittens, but you won't catch me within 10 feet of a poncho. :-) I love the feeling of a nice warm scarf, hat and mittens!!
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Anything wool - I love Bartlett, Briggs & Little, Jamieson & Smith, Brown Sheep, Harrisville...
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
My hands and cotton disagree with each other, and I don't like most synthetics. Novelty yarn and fun fur get taken to Goodwill.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Fine gauge fair isle - I'm gathering the yarn to make the Dale of Norway Torino sweater, and I'm trying to finish a fair isle cardigan in Briggs & Little sport (on size 3 needles).
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Shawls, socks, aran sweaters
17. What are you knitting right now?
The B&L fair isle mentioned in #15, 2 pairs of socks, a pair of gloves and two shawls.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circulars! I use straights for bobbin holders when I'm winding off onto my niddy noddy.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Depends on the fiber - my favorites are Holz & Stein and Inox
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes to both!
22. How did you learn to knit?
See #4
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
5 or 6 years - a cardigan for my MIL, but it wouldn't fit her anymore. I really need to frog it.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Animated - SpongeBob!!! Animal - Airedales and Dachsunds
25. What is your favorite holiday?
I like all holidays, but Christmas is probably my favorite
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Wool Gatherings and pre-1960s cookbooks
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
IK, VK, InKnitter
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Any of the Barbara Walker Treasuries (except #1 - I have that one), Fiber Trends lace shawl patterns, possum lace, Interlacements sock yarn
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Cat Bordi's mobieus method
30. Are you a sock knitter?
Yes!
What are your foot measurements?
US women's 8-1/2. I have no idea how long that actually is - I'll have to take measuements later
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
12/17.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK Camp Pal, about those pre-1960 cook books....I still have some that were my mother's that you might not have....most are written in...any that you are Really looking for?

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post, Kim! I'll be shopping soon...*evil laugh*. I've left you a little clue in the i denity profile. I'm one of the 2,661 members of that website.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home