Saturday, January 07, 2006

Tatjana Strikes Again!!

I got my Christmas box from Tatjana in Germany this morning! When I opened the box, this is what I saw


Within this well-stuffed box was this

Over 800 meters of GORGEOUS wool! Tatjana wound it into a ball for me; the picture just doesn't do the beautiful colors justice. The ball is almost the size of my head!


There were two big balls of spinning fiber,

A cut-out nativity scene from a wedge of wood (the whole thing is about 6" long - the pieces come out!)


Beautiful ornaments

GERMAN CHOCOLATE!!!! Boy, you sure get spoiled by real dark chocolate!!!

Just look at the Christmas Cookies!!!
Nope, not sharing. :-)






And a pair of Holz and Stein circulars!!!!! (we've been trading - I send her yarns from KnitPicks, and she sends me the best needles I've ever used!)

My gift elf has really outdone herself this time! Thank you, Tatjana!!! We really need to figure out a way to get her to visit Ohio! :-)

On the knitting front, I temporarily became a lemming (again) and made a cabled purse


I used one skein of Brown Sheep Burly Spun and handles from WalMart. When I find better handles, I'm going to take it back apart and replace them. I lined it with a fat quarter from my quilting stash, and it measures 12" x 10" (not including the handles). This was a VERY fast project - it took me longer to sew in the lining than it took me to knit it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Teyani said...

Wow- what a gift! Ritter is some of my favorite chocolate!
Hey, We've been trying to find the manufacturers of the Holtz and Stein needles... is there anything on the needle holder that gives a name or contact info? Even if it is in German, that's okay, we can translate it! thanks! :-) We'd be very grateful if you'd share the info..
and BTW, I think the bag is smashing!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Terry Sailingknitter said...

Great purse!! I was just knitting with Lorna Miser today and she showed us a copy of her new booklet "Knit & Fused Purses". Her fused lining technique makes the knitted fabric really stable and is SO MUCH FASTER than sewing! Anyway, if you ever go the lemming route again, you might want to give the fused fabric lining bit a go. Knit on....

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cable purse is gorgeous, I don't even find the walmart handles objectionable! For sure cheaper than the Lantern Moon needles shown in the pattern I have. What pattern did you use?

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home