Monday, January 23, 2006

The swatching made the decision

St. Anton is most definitely out of the running for the Knitting Olympics; I can't justify using the grocery money for the yarn. That narrowed it down to the Cuff-to-Cuff and Inishmore.

I swatched for both sweaters, and I'm really glad that I did. The Harrisville Orchid is a great yarn for Inishmore...but it's dark navy. It's dark enough that I can't "read my knitting" while I'm working, and I have to rely a little bit too much on the charts. As a result, I'm having to knit a lot slower than I usually do. I'll definitely finish this sweater (maybe for my fair project this year), but there's no way I'd be able to get it done for the Olympics. I think I'm going to ask for an Ott Light for my birthday this year...

So....the Cuff to Cuff it is! Here's some of my yarn - Briggs & Little Regal:


I'm doing the bottom in the natural and the top in the Forest Brown. I'll probably only need one skein of the brown, but I liked the color. :-)

Edited to Add: I forgot - until Nancy posted a comment - that I had a picture of me wearing the original Cuff to Cuff sweater from Wool Gathering #72, taken at Knitting Camp last summer. If all goes well, mine will be just like it, but with reversed colors. If all goes *really* well, it will fit as nicely as this one did.

3 Comments:

Blogger tatjana said...

ooh! that'll look pretty! better than the colours in the picture, i think.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn for the cuff-to-cuff. Just what you wanted to make after trying it on at camp last summer!

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with Knitting Olympics!!! The yarn is lovely!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home