Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Presents!!!

What a great day!!! When I checked my email this morning, there was an online gift certificate from my Secret Pal waiting for me - $25.00 to Amazon! Thank you very much, Secret Pal!!!!! Now I just need to decide what to get!

When I got home, there was a box waiting for me on the porch. My friend Nancy from Pennsylvania (I met her at Knitting Camp last summer) read my SP7 questionnaire, saw that I collect spoons and pre-1960's cookbooks, and sent me some of her mother's collection!! Every one of these is from the 1950's - I can't wait to sit down and read them!! (Yes, I'm one of those geeks people who reads cookbooks!) I love, love, love the recipes (and the "household hints") in these old cookbooks!! And the spoons:

These are kind of in a jumbled pile right now, but there are some really, really nice ones in here - most are from places I've never been, and there isn't a single one that duplicates the ones that I already have! And as proof that Nancy is truly a nice person:Two skeins of Lion Imagine! These were gifted to her, and she's allergic to mohair. She knows that I'm not, so she sent them to me!! (It's amazing how much you learn about somebody over the course of 3 days at Knitting Camp!) There's close to 400 yards here - right now it's telling me that it wants to be a fancy scarf. :-) Thank you, Nancy!!

Tomorrow is my first knitting class...I put together a couple of pages to hand out. Kelson took pictures of my hands through each step of casting on, knitting and purling, and I put them into a Word document with instructions for each step. Tonight I'm going to type up a resource page. I bought a skein of acrylic crap Red Heart; I'm going to wind a few balls of it and a wool worsted to take along - I just know that somebody is going to show up with Fun Fur crap and expect me to teach them how to knit with it. Sorry, that's some other teacher! I got the Red Heart in case any of those people are allergic to wool.

And then - it's back to my Olympic sweater!! The Knitting Olympics was actually mentioned in Time Magazine this week!! My issue just came today - I'm going to save this one.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're very, very welcome! Glad they arrived in a safe condition!

6:01 PM  
Blogger tatjana said...

woohoo! what a haul! those books look awesome :) it sounds like you prepared well for your class, i hope it went well!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home