Wednesday, February 22, 2006

HA!!!

You shall not beat me, sweater!! The original gusset idea worked, but not that well - I had a big lump under the armpit and the shaping was really funny. On my lunch hour today, I tore it out and started over. I decided to do a decrease on both sides of the front (in the "extra" 14 rows of white) and when I got rid of all of the stitches, I started the colorwork on the bottom of the sleeve. Here's a rather marginal picture of my fix:

The darker color is peeking through rather badly where I had to trap it on the way around, but I should be able to make that look better when it's blocked. :-) The cool thing is - the triangle is falling right on the bust line, so it looks like it's part of the shaping!

And I believe it's official - there's no way I'm going to be able to finish this in time. Maybe a few days late, but definitely not in time. There are less than 3 days, 2 sleeves and a neckline to do, and I have my knitting class tomorrow night. Ah, well...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't give up on your deadline now! You've got the hardest parts done! (And from what Stephanie said yesterday, it doesn't look like she's going to make the gold either. Maybe silver or bronze!)

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home