Sunday, August 06, 2006

Beans and more sweater progress

Mom and Dad came up today, and we went to Great Northern Mall for a few hours. We're going to Opryland this weekend with Mom, Dad, my sister Michelle and her husband Rick (Thursday - Sunday) and Kevin needed new shorts and shirts. After a few hours of shopping and lunch at Famous Dave's, we came home and I started snapping and canning beans. 9 pints done and 4 more in the canner right now... The tomatoes are just starting to come on; I probably won't have enough to can for a week or two. My 4 rows of okra are blooming, and I dug around the Yukon Gold potatoes this morning, and from the looks of things, I'm going to have a bunch! The peppers are almost big enough to pick, but we seem to have lost our cucumber plants again. :-(

Gracie, who is completely unfazed by thunderstorms and fireworks, goes ballistic when she hears the "pop" of the jars sealing. Go figure.

I made some progress on the wrap cardigan

3 more inches on the armholes, and the back will be done. :-) I'm going to have to try to find a small person to try this on when it's done - I haven't worn a size small since 6th grade!

2 Comments:

Blogger tatjana said...

Mmmm, the beans look yummy, I wish I knew how to can. I really like the waist ribbing on the cardigan, and the colour. This may be my favourite of your Knit Picks knits so far. BTW, I loved your comment about the 'accidental' waist shaping on Kevin's sweater! :D lol

8:12 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

The beans look fantastic. I haven't gotten any canning done yet, even though okra pickle and blackberry preserves are on my MUST DO list. Your knits look great, too!

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home