Monday, August 21, 2006

Hooray!

I got yet another box from Peacock, my SP7 Angel! Wow!!! She sent a skein of 55% mohair, 45% wool yarn that she dyed herself: Super, super soft - I think it wants to be a scarf or a hat. She sent animal crackers (I absolutely adore animal crackers!!!!!) a pretty heart for a necklace, a tin of mints, and a roll of "police tape" that says "Danger Men Cooking" some yummy-looking fruit bars and some bath soaks a really, really cool hand-held fan. Turn it on, and the lights change to make a different design every 3 seconds. I'm going to have to hide it from the kids... And a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle!! Peacock just had knee surgery last Thursday, but she still managed to get a box out to me before she left for the hospital! Thank you very much, Peacock!!

I'm working on the right front of the wrap cardigan - the pieces don't photograph very well without somebody holding them down, so you'll have to wait until I have an extra set of hands available. :-) I should have it finished by the weekend, though, and I *hope* to have it seamed and ready to go by Monday.

I spent today making salsa and spiced apples Teachers have to report tomorrow - I DON'T WANNA GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!! It's been such a nice summer without the Juvenile Delinquents (aka "JDs"), and I'm going on my 4th year in this #$^%&*$#@ job. Ugh.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a nice last day of vacation, though! And, you don't have to deal with the JD's yet...

8:21 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

The salsa looks delicious! Great package too. ;-)

1:08 PM  
Blogger Terry Sailingknitter said...

...and the Spiced Apples look yummy too! Your SP really spoiled you didn't she?

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found your page through the SP8 website. The spiced apples look so incredible. Can you post the recipe?

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home