Thursday, November 11, 2004

hmmmm

Well, there's not much we can do except hold on for the next four years, so I might as well knit. At least that's something I have control over...

I'm making a pair of Broad Street mittens for my cousin for Christmas. She has *extremely* small hands (and mine are *extremely* NOT small), so I am adapting the pattern a smidge. Okay, a big smidge. I'm making them out of Canadian Regal that I ordered from Schoolhouse Press on #3 steel DPNs. (Yes, that's a blatant plug - I think they're the best thing since peanut butter!) I made one glove with Quebecoise, following the pattern. The thing was HUGE! Even after severe felting, it's still a little bit wide across my hand. It's really, really warm, though, so I'll probably make the mate to it and keep it for myself. :) I adapted the number of stitches, and it seems to be going well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

Hey, kiddo - there's lots to do - not just "hang on" but make sure this can't happen again...

And knit and spin!

Love to see you posting again (it's been almost a month!!!)

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home