Friday, December 03, 2004

back in the saddle again....

I have been an extremely negligent blogger for the last month - Amie reminded me! :) Time to play catch-up!

I finished the fingerless gloves/mittens (similar to the Broadstreet), and I'm really tickled with the pattern I developed. I wrote down what I did, but now I have to figure out how to translate that into a pattern that everybody else can actually understand! I've adapted the second pair even more - I'm making the ribbing a little bit snugger. I used Briggs and Little Regal yarn with size 2 needles for the k2p2 ribbing (cast on 40 stitches) and then switch to size 3 for the rest of the glove. Boy, are these things warm!! I'll put a picture up within the next day or 3.

My parents had their 40th anniversary last week (eek! 2 weeks from today, I'm going to be 39! Funny, I don't feel 39!). My sister and I wanted to do something nice for them, so we decided on a trip to Wheeling WV. It's relatively close (about 1-1/2 hours from their house) and they like to go to the new Cabela's. I set up their motel room and made dinner reservations for this evening, and told them that the rest of the weekend will be a "surprise." I even made a brochure, and everything!

What they *don't* know is that I arranged for their best friends to be there at the restaurant when they get there. :) They are going to take care of my parents this evening; my sister and her husband are going to ride down to Wheeling with Kevin and me tomorrow, and we're taking them out to dinner. I think (hope) that they'll be surprised!

On the school front:
11 school days, 2 hours and 6 minutes until Christmas break....

Right before Thanksgiving break, a student jumped me because I confiscated a note. That was fun. She got suspended for 5 days, and I have her back in the suspension room on the 13th. Yippee. Something to look forward to.

Now it's time to take the lovely juvenile delinquents on their bathroom break. I only have 10 in here today, so it's not too bad, but I'm ready to go home. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home