Friday, November 09, 2007

Actual Knitting Content!

I know, it's a shocker. :-)

For starters, remember these?
They're in the new KnitPicks catalog...click the picture for a link to the webpage. I finished the ZigZag coat - it should be in the next catalog. Once again, Kyle picked out the buttons. This was an interesting knit, to say the least - it's from the new book by Suss Cousins. It wasn't a hard knit, but it was hampered by the fact that I had to tear out the entire hood and the shoulders because a section of the pattern seemed to be missing. (The errata is now available). This is knit in Wool of the Andes Bare, and it took 12 skeins for a small.
and since I haven't worn a size small since the 7th grade, Lisa (one of the secretaries at school) was kind enough to walk the runway for me. Isn't she cute? :-) It's hard to see the zigzags on the sleeves - I forgot to take an up close picture. And now, for the best news of all....

In February, I did a test/sample knit for Cher Underwood-Forsberg. I made her Goddess tank, which is a maternity tank top. This used 11 skeins of Shine Sport, and was a very nice pattern to knit. It had pleats knitted in around each side. I haven't been allowed to show it for many, many months though...
Why, you may ask, couldn't I show it, and why is this good news?


Ahem....it's in this book. I've officially been published!!! Well, *I* haven't been published, but my knitting has!! :-) (Click to order the book!)
See? It's adorable!! Of course, now Ihave to order the book, even though I will have no more use for maternity wear... :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

I'm 'proud for you', Grrl!!! Great to be with you on Ravelry and thanks for adding me to your sidebar! When I take the time to figure out about sidebars, I'll add them!

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,

You are the bomb-diggity of a woman! You go. See ya at Ohio Soapers next year!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home