Monday, August 04, 2008

Knitting Catch-up

I picked up my entries from the Medina County Fair yesterday.
In the "Scarf" Category, "Carol's Clever Little Shawl" took a 1stMy "Sideways Gloves," knit in Furlana Possum yarn, took a first:This one was kind of surprising, since I didn't get anything specifically knit for this category - I just took them out of my winter coat (I knit them in February), washed them, and took them in.

Placing a rather disappointing fourth was WindyFor some reason, I just can't seem to get the blue ribbon in the Adult Clothing category.
Maybe next year...

In other knitting news, the Lace Top Shell is on the KnitPicks website
They changed the ribbon, but that's just fine - I can see how the ribbon that I put in it wouldn't go with the shot setup that they used. This is one that I would definitely make again - it was a fast knit, is very pretty, and the yarn (Andean Treasure) is extremely soft

I finished the Sampler Afghan in record time! This is one well-traveled afghan - I knit on it for WWKIP in front of Canterbury Cathedral (that was the only knitting that I did the entire time!) and finished it at Knitting Camp. Not counting the 2" that I knit on vacation, I essentially started this the day that I got home (June 23rd) and finished it on July 27th. Whew! 13 skeins of KnitPicks Bare (220 yards each) in about 5 weeks! It should be in the October KnitPicks catalog. :-)

Now what to do? Since I seem to have depleted all of my brain cells, I signed up for the Ravelympics (Ravelry's version of the Knitting Olympics). I'm on the Knitting Camp team, and I signed up for the Sweater Sprint and the Mitten Medley. We cast on when the Olympics start, and have to finish by the closing ceremonies. I had a momentary lapse of reason, and signed up for the Adult Surprise Sweater (with hood!) and a pair of my own mittens. This could get interesting...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Congratulations on your success and good luck with the Ravelympics

1:11 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

What a fabulous summer you are having!
Am curious what took 1-3 in the Fair? And, do those seem to have anything to do with the ones that have one in past years?
Sigh. And I signed up for 4 things during Ravelympics...

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home