Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring Break!

Spring Break officially began at 2:35 on Thursday! The break is definitely needed - although I still have grad school on Monday and Wednesday.

Update on my wrist: I went to my orthopedic surgeon on Monday, and he said that it is definitely my tendon. He can't tell if it's strained or ruptured because it was so swollen, so he put me on a course of prednisone to try to bring the swelling down. I don't think it's ruptured, but the swelling hasn't gone anywhere. It doesn't hurt as much as it did, unless I try to pick up something that I shouldn't. I go back to see him on Monday.

I quit taking the Avelox (the antibiotic for my sinus infection, which I was on for 2 weeks of the 3 weeks that were prescribed) the day that the doctor diagnosed my wrist...and now I have another sinus infection. Urgh. I go back to the ENT on Friday.

I'm still knitting, though! I'm almost done with the socks for KnitPicks, and they've sent me yarn for a sweater project. The sweater is to be knit in City Tweed, their new yarn that's coming out later this month. This yarn is soooooooooo soft, and it's absolutely gorgeous!

My latest project for KnitPicks just hit the catalog:
This is the Evening Top from Vintage Knitwear for Modern Knitters. For a size 36", I used 6 skeins of Gloss in the color Cocoa. Gloss is another yarn that I love - it's very soft, and the drape is beautiful. I wish that they'd come out with a worsted weight version!

I hope that everybody has a safe, wonderful Easter!

1 Comments:

Blogger Angelika said...

I have a project right now where I'm using cocoa gloss too. It's nice to knit with.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home