Wednesday, June 29, 2005

DONE DONE DONE!!!

After 3 weeks of extreme power knitting, the sweater is DONE! Hallelujah and all that jazz. This sweater was described to me as a "simple wrap" when they asked me if I could do it. They're quite humorous, those KnitPicks people. :-) Multiple cables, diagonals, and a 64" long cable panel that had to be sewn on after the sweater body was done is not a "simple wrap" in my book. But...it's done!

I'm not going to post pictures until it's published in the next catalog; I don't know if KnitPicks would be very happy with me if I "previewed" their new yarn line before they even introduce it. It's this but in blue.

I will tell you this - the new line is called "Sierra," and it is absolutely wonderful to knit.

I made the sweater in a size small. I haven't worn a size small since 7th grade, so I won't feel any guilt or withdrawal whatsoever when I send it on it's merry way to KnitPicks.

Now I have to finish that last sock for them...I have to have the whole kit and kaboodle to the UPS store by Saturday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looove Knit Picks! I'll be keeing my eyes open for the sweater you described. :)

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home