Monday, August 01, 2005

Ha!


For those of you who were with me at Knitting Camp, I finished the #%^& entrelac tam! :-) I put an extra set of oblongs into the top, so it sits flatter on your head - more like a beret. Plus, when it's cold, I can pull it down and it will cover my ears.


Last night I decided that I needed to learn the Eastern European cast on. Meg Swansen wrote an article on it in the new Vogue Knitting, and I needed to make a pair of socks anyway. It was a lot easier than it looked! After one false start, I now have a completely seamless sock toe in my first-ever pair of toe-up socks.

It's weird, being able to put them on as you knit! I'm going to put an afterthought heel into these, just because I like the fit of afterthought heels. :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for the tam! Time to celebrate ;-) Oh no! Another nudge toward me trying toe-up socks! I may have to frog my 'Christmas sock' in Hollyberry and try this.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home