Thursday, July 28, 2005

My fighting girl!!!

Hard to believe that Gracie just had a major organ removed yesterday!!! (They have a pain patch on her neck, and they're holding it on with an ace bandage)



Unbelievable as it seemed yesterday, Gracie will be coming home in the next 2 days!! We went to visit her at the hospital today! She was very, very happy to see us! She wouldn't eat for them, so they asked us to come visit and see if we could get her to eat. She ate every bit of the "baby food" that they gave her and looked at me for more.







She barked at the dog on the other side of the door

And checked out the furniture in the visitation room

And tried to give me kisses!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Gracie. What a fighter! Hope she continues a quick recovery and lives a long and happy life with her human family.

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Did I crumble?
Did you think I'd lay down and die?
Oh no, not I. I will survive
Oh as long as I know how to love I know I'll stay alive;
I've got all my life to live,
I've got all my love to give and I'll survive,
I will survive. Hey, hey!"
(Gloria Gaynor, 'I Will Survive')

Go, Gracie!

Cheers,
Marc (and Monty & Maggie)
ListMATE - AIREDALE-L
http://www.airedales.org

7:32 PM  
Blogger Marlene said...

Blogs are amazing in that the tendency, for a new reader to the blog, is to read the last post first and continue on backwards through them in a reverse chronological order. The nice thing in that is that I got to see that Gracie made an amazing recovery BEFORE I saw the sad pictures of her not feeling so hot. So glad she is feeling much better now.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home