Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My SP7 Angel!!!

As I've mentioned earlier, my Secret Pal from SP7 bailed out about halfway through. I was assigned an angel, and she sent me a box today!! After a horrid day at school, it was a wonderful surprise to come home to this:

Some Celestial Seasonings Tea, Fran's Dark Chocolate Thins (mmm!!), a cute little notepad and pen, an adorable measuring tape with little paw prints all over it, and a plastic box stuffed to the brim with a gorgeous assortment ofsoft, beautifully dyed spinning fiber!! The color assortment is just gorgeous - and it has all of my favorites! Lots of blues, mauves and purples. Thank you very much, Angel, for making my day!! :-)

I'm getting ready to start the short row heel on my Socks that Rock sock. I had the heel halfway done last night when I realized that it would be a tad too small, so I ripped it back and I'm knitting a few more rounds before I try it again. The challenge with a short-row heel is eliminating the holes from the short-row wraps, and it's doubly challenging with a tightly spun yarn.

There is a contest for Knitting Camp 3 this year - movie props. I've been tossing ideas around, trying to come up with something unique for a knitted movie prop...and getting nowhere fast. Leave it up to Kelson to hit on the perfect idea! I won't tell just yet, but I'll give you a hint: "Look at the bones!!!!"

19 days of school left - you cannot imagine how much I want this school year to end! The seniors have 5 days left, and the senior pranks have started already. Today, somebody released thousands of clear marbles in 6 different hallways. Lovely.

4 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

Your new tape measure matches my Stumbling over Chaos sock knitter bags!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I'm happy to hear you received your package from your SP7 Angel. She did a great job!!!

I hope SP8 will be a better experience for you.

Your SP7 hostess, Tammy

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent gifts there. What a good angel!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

I would be estatic to receive such a wonderful bundle of surprises! And I know what you mean about school being almost out, except I'm the other way around, my kids will be out shortly. So, I've got all kinds of little plans for them this summer...(as in jobs!, on a farm! With sheep, and cows, and pigs, oh my!) ha, ha, ha, ha

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home