Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Hail





This was the scene in my front yard about 2 hours ago. The sky got really dark, we had a torrential downpour for about 20 minutes, and then the hail started. They started small and got progressively bigger. No, these weren't the mythical baseball-sized hail, or even golf-ball sized, but these were definitely big enough:

It was coming down so fast and hard (have you ever seen sideways hail? I hadn't either...) that I thought we were going to have some broken windows. Ten minutes later, the sun was starting to come out. Definitely weird.
You can see how concerned Gracie was about the whole ordeal
(sorry about the fuzzy picture) She doesn't get worked up during storms, which is a good thing - I wouldn't want a 70 pound nervous wreck on my hands!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those pieces of hail were pretty massive, and if I was your puppy I might've gotten more than a little worked up about it. Here in NYC you don't see that kind of thing ... well, ever.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home