Saturday, June 24, 2006

Peter Tork's socks

The yarn arrived yesterday afternoon for a new KnitPicks project - the Simple Stripes Fair Isle Socks, which is a pattern for sale on their website. I need to make two different socks in the next 1-1/2 weeks. I cast on for the first sock, and as soon as Kevin saw the color combination, he said that they looked like something that Peter Tork would wear. I'm getting ready to start the short row heel:

I received my first package from my secret pal yesterday She made me a washcloth! She also sent the Fiber Trends Flower Basket Lace shawl pattern, some sticky notes in the shape of a "K," and BOOKPLATES!!! I've been looking everywhere for bookplates, and I haven't been able to find them anywhere! I'm not exactly sure how she knew that, but I'm very grateful!! Thank you, Secret Pal!!

1 Comments:

Blogger sabrina said...

funny you should mention peter tork -- i just watched my first episode of "The Monkees" since ... well, i'm going to guess it was in the 80s sometime. (a local station, which i refer to as "The Reruns Channel" because it seems to specialize in vintage 50s/60s/70s (and a dash of 80s) shows that are about to go to DVD release, just started running "The Monkees" a few weeks ago and so i saw that and naturally had to tivo a couple of episodes. :-)

that said ... i like the colors and pattern!

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home