Wednesday, June 14, 2006

'Twas a fibery day...

Well, to start, I finished the sleeve: I've cast on for the second one, and it looks just like yesterday's picture right now. It's kind of strange to be knitting a sleeve with no cap shaping, but that's how the pattern reads...

The mailman was rather overloaded today when he came to the door! The first box that I opened was from my SP7 Angel. Look at all of the goodies!!

A beautiful skein of variegated yarn, a skein of Heilo, a package of knitting notecards, a handmade notebook, Crabtree & Evelyn handcream, a bag of spinning fiber, and a bar of handmade soap!! Thank you VERY much, Angel!! Now I have to put on my detective hat and try to figure out who she is... :-)

The next 2 boxes were expected, but it was a nice surprise to get them on the same day. The first is my order from Little Knits. Sue was clearing out her Lorna's Laces, and I scored 2 skeins of sock yarn in the IceHouse colorway for only $7.50 each.

I also decided to try the new Austermann Step sock yarn. It has aloe and jojoba *in the yarn,* so it's supposed to be nice on your hands while knitting it and nice on your feet while wearing it. Supposedly it will last through 40 washes, but we'll see. I ordered a Dale Baby pattern book, too - I have a good friend who's pregnant and I'm thinking of knitting her a sweater.

Last up was my monthly Zooba order. Once a month, they send me a book from my list for $9.95, with free shipping. I've added many, many knitting books to my library for $9.95 instead of the $20-$40 that they'd cost me at the bookstore. My latest addition?

Morehouse Farm Merino Knits. My overall impression? It's a pretty book with lots of nice stories, and the patterns are okay. The photography in this book is stunning. Not a book that I'll use very often, though.

Back to work - the sleeve beckons!

3 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

I was doing a search for handmade soap and found your website. Wow what great gift pack :-)

9:43 AM  
Blogger Operakatz said...

I really like how that slipstitch colorwork is working up...really neat effect!

1:22 AM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Your sweater is going to be gorgeous! (I just love Knit Picks yarns).

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home