Saturday, May 27, 2006

whew...

Whatta day - and it's not even over yet!!

My day started at 4:00 am. Kevin and his friend Shawn were going to take Kyle walleye fishing on Lake Erie today, and they planned to leave at 4:30 - and they were going to let me sleep until the alarm went off at 7:00.

So much for that idea...Kevin forgot that he didn't have a fishing license. Since he doesn't know how to use a computer, he woke me up at 4:00 so I could go to the Ohio DNR website and print one for him. Yippee. Here's Kyle at 4:00 am, full of Pop Tarts and Dramamine and ready to go fishing:

At 9:00, I left for the Great Lakes Fiber Show. Within minutes of arriving, I ran into Cheryl and her daughter Rachel from the Ohio Soapers, and then minutes later I found Molly.
We're quite dangerous when you put us together in an area with fiber!!

I did some serious bargain shopping today, though. At the Pollywogs booth, I found this:

Large, beautiful skeins of New Zealand Wool! This isn't the rug-type NZ wool, either - it's not scratchy at all. And look at the price!!

Yes, that is 16.3 ounces for $8.97! At 1100 yards per pound, I have several sweaters worth of wool. I've already knit a swatch for a sweater for Kevin - it's lovely to knit.

More bargains:

This is 70/30 angora/wool. Beautifully dyed, 70% angora, and $3.00 an ounce.

I bought 3 more bobbins for Queen Matilda (at I See Spots farm) so I can start playing. :-) I also bought these from I See Spots:

5" size 0 Brittany sock needles. No more 7" beasties poking holes in me and everything around them.

Some silk hankies and dye


And, so Kevin quits griping at me, 2 pairs of 60/30/10 Alpaca/nylon/wool socks from Zeilinger Wool Co. 2 pairs for $20.

It was strange today, though...as I was walking around the fiber show, I was knitting on my sock

People were stopping and actually pointing at me, saying "Oh my gosh - she's walking and knitting at the same time!" Umm...okay.

When I got home, though, my actual day was just beginning. Yesterday was Kelson's 14th birthday, and today is his birthday party. My brother-in-law helped drive, since this group wouldn't all fit into my Durango:

Yes, that's 10 freshman boys - the only one that belongs to me is 3rd from the top on the right side. I took the entire gang to CiCi's for the pizza buffet (cheap way to stuff teenage boys!! All you can eat pizza and salad for under $6 with a drink), and then we went to see X-Men: The Last Stand - good movie!!!

And right now? It's going on 11:00, and they're all in my basement...they're ALL spending the night. Sanity? What's that?

The fishermen just got home - Kevin is on the right

10 walleye in the cooler; Kevin and Shawn are out cleaning them now.

The party can go on without me - I'm going to bed!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great sounding day! Walleye in Lake Erie, huh? Hmmmmm...my DH is going to want to go up there and fish! Our favorite fish is walleye and we always have a walleye dinner when we're in WI.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great haul!

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home