Wednesday, May 17, 2006

sock and scary stuff

I finished it yesterday. I tried 3 different cast offs before I found one stretchy enough - I did a sewn cast off. I've cast on for the 2nd sock; hopefully it won't take me as long as this one did! They evacuated Brunswick High School today - somebody called in a bomb threat to the police station. My high school is 5 miles north, and we didn't hear about it until they had already sent students home. It's a terrible feeling when your heart falls into your chest! Kelson made it home, though - they had to leave everything at school when they evacuated everybody to the football stadium, so his bookbag, coat and lunch are still at school...

I have an interview tomorrow for an English position at my high school...keep your fingers crossed! After going through this for the last 2 years, I'm not getting my hopes up. They made it very clear to me after my first year in Corrective Learning that they can always find English teachers, but they have a hard time finding anybody to do in-school suspension. I need to brush up on my "education lingo;" they seem to care more that I say the right buzz words in an interview than that I'm a good teacher with tons of great recommendations...

Kyle left yesterday for 5th grade camp at Hiram House. He's been looking forward to this since school started this year; I really hope that all of the rain doesn't spoil everything. He'll be back Friday - I'm really glad that my boys don't get homesick. :-)

Repo is enjoying the little bit of sunshine - it's been raining since Thursday. It's already clouding back up since I took this picture 15 minutes ago

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fingers and toes crossed for you! And hugs, chocolate and your favorite fiber for comfort!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Terry Sailingknitter said...

Good luck with your interview, Kim!

12:20 AM  
Blogger Peacock said...

How did the interview go? I've got my fingers crossed for you..

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home