Monday, June 19, 2006

Oh yeah - it's done!

for the most part, any way...

I finished the knitting on Saturday morning, and spent yesterday seaming it together (when I wasn't at Kelson's baseball game). I still have to go buy a 6" zipper for the neck and weave in a few ends, but for all intents and purposes, it's done. :-)
We may be going camping for the next 2 days - if we do, I'll have the completely finished, modeled picture before I take it to the UPS store later this week.

The hood, which should have been the fastest, easiest part of this sweater, gave me absolute fits. The rest of the pattern was clear and concise, but the hood? Oy. I think the pattern writer's kid was begging to be able to help, and the writer said "okay - you do the hood. How could you screw that up?" Believe me, they did. One side of the hood pattern is completely wrong - I knit the @$^# thing twice before I figured out that it was the pattern, notme... This book is published by House of White Birches, and if you can find any pattern support, please let me know - I searched for a looong time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great and it went so fast. What kind of zipper did the neck need? Do you think you could make it without the hood? Good job.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Looking good. Glad to hear you figured out the hood! What a pain in the you know what.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home