Friday, October 06, 2006

SP9 Questionaire!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love any natural fiber - especially wool. I love Wool of the Andes, Jamieson & Smith, Bartlett, Briggs and Little, Harrisville, Cestari,most small-mill yarns, and anything that Schoolhouse Press sells. I love knitting with pencil roving, too. I won't knit with anything acrylic (except for WoolEase in a pinch) or anything that looks like the pelt of Grover.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a 2-sided worm binder from Bass Pro Shops, and I put everything in there! I have at least 40 pairs of circulars, crochet hooks, markers, tape measures, etc.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? My Grandma Benefiel taught me when I was six, so I've been knitting for nearly 35 years. I would have to say that I'm an advanced knitter, although it seems really strange to be writing that down. :-)

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? It's right here

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) I make a lot of my own bath products, but I love a good, straight-out vanilla.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Dark Chocolate!! And Gummies!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I spin, quilt, sew, make soap and lotions, crochet a bit, cross stitch, garden, and can food for the winter.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like nearly everything except rap and hip-hop.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love maroon, dark blue, purples, dark reds...anything in the warm category. I don't like orange, yellow, gold, light green - I have nothing personal against those colors, but if I wear them next to my skin, people keep asking me if I'm going to be sick. :-)

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have 3 children a husband and 2 children. My boys are 14 and nearly 12. I have 2 dogs (a Mini-Dachsund named Tick and an Airedale named Gracie), 5 cats (Moe, Repo, Rambo, Sparky and Itty-Bitty), a snake (Prometheus - my husband's) and a tarantula (my oldest son's).

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, Yes, Yes, and NoNoNo.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love knitting sweaters, shawls, socks, and anything that catches my fancy at the moment

13. What are you knitting right now? I'm making a sweater for a Christmas present, a pair of socks and a shawl. I knit for the KnitPicks catalog, so that could come to a screeching halt at any time if they decide to send me a project.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes!!!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I don't use straights, and my favorite needles are Inox greys. I love my Holz & Stein needles, too.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes to both

17. How old is your oldest UFO? About a year, I think - I'll finish Inishmore yet!

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas or Thanksgiving - anytime family gets together

19. Is there anything that you collect? Pre-1960's cookbooks, stitch dictionaries, roving and yarn!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I love Hazel Carter's lace patterns and Fiddlesticks shawls. I've never even touched bamboo yarn, but I'd like to try it. All of my subscriptions to magazines have run out - my favorite is probably Vogue Knitting.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'd love to learn combination knitting

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I love to knit socks! I wear a US 8-1/2.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 12/17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home