Friday, August 22, 2008

Cue the Music!!

I made it across the finish line in the Ravelympics Sweater Sprint! I used about 3200 yards (by my best guesstimate) of Wool of the Andes and a few yards of other assorted leftover yarns As of 11:25 last night (August 21st), she is done. I cast on at 8:15 in the morning on August 8th - by my count, that's 14 days from start to finish.
Once again, Kyle did a great job picking out the buttons!
I was derailed for a few days by a huge stack of band uniforms that needed to be altered...but she's done! I'm probably going to have to withdraw from the Mitten Medley - I still have uniforms to finish. I volunteered to do the alterations on a few...and their version of a "few" means 13 marching band uniforms (with competition uniforms and concert attire included). I just don't think that I can finish the uniforms, work a fundraiser at Blossom Music Center tomorrow from 2:00 - 10:00 and still knit a pair of mittens. Ah, well - there's always London in 2012! :-)

This just in from the ROC (Ravelry Olympic Commitee):

Congratulations on a successful challenge accomplished with effortless grace! Please accept this Ravatar bouquet from the beautiful Bobicii Nereids for a job well done,
alt text

and this medal from the head of the International Ravelympic Committee, Adonis Dionysius Bobicus Maximus.
alt text

And now please rise for the Ravelry International Anthem.
dum…dedumdum..de…dummmdedumdidoh…..(crescendo)…Dah!!!
Raucous applause and cheering erupts from the stands and mmm chocolate bars are thrown to the Ravlympians, and a cacophony of various Ravelry Anthems are heard across the stands…!

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Your ASJ is wonderful! The button-picker did his usually fantastic job, too! Hope you take Mitten#1 with you -- never can tell, might have more time to work on it than you think!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ASJ looks great - way to go!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Susan Luni said...

Congratulations! The sweater looks nice on you.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home