Sunday, December 17, 2006

A Birthday Surprise

I have, without a doubt, the best secret pal in the entire SP9!!!! She sent me a wonderful box just a week or so ago, and yesterday my mailbox was stuffed with a giant envelope. Inside were the cutest notecardsand a book from my Amazon wishlist!!
Ever since I knitted the Sloppy Joe sweater from this book for KnitPicks, I've been wanting this book. I haven't been able to justify buying it, especially with the holidays right around the corner. The Best Secret Pal in the World, however, sent it to me as a birthday present!! I was absolutely speechless - and if you know me, you know that's quite a feat!

THANK YOU Secret Pal!!! It was so nice of you to think of me!!

I also have the best parents in the world...in addition to paying for my airfare and rental car to Knitting Camp last summer (as an early birthday present) , my parents bought me exactly what I wanted for my birthday - a double set of winter white Corelle plates, bowls and cups! My old Corelle set is 17 years old, the pattern (Country Violets) has been discontinued, and several of the pieces had been broken over the years. The white set is just perfect! :-) Thank you very much, Mom and Dad!!!

In case you were wondering, today is my 41st birthday. I plan to spend today making more Christmas candy and maybe doing a little bit of knitting. I don't plan, however, to repeat what I did yesterday - I discovered that sheets of hard candy, while being broken apart, can slice your thumb just as well and just as deeply as any piece of broken glass. (I couldn't even knit last night, but it feels better this morning) I have a whole bunch of dipping chocolate, lots of corn syrup and sugar...now I need to start concocting. I plan to make more hard candy and a few batches of peanut brittle, also.

Kevin and Kelson are spending the entire day deer hunting, so Kyle and I are going to see what we can create...I'm thinking truffles. :-) Kyle has a very important job in the candy making enterprise; at the end of each batch of candy (especially the chocolate kind!) he is the official spoon-cleaner-offer. It's a dirty job, but he's definitely the most qualified.
Of course, when he's done with his job, I become the official Kyle-cleaner-offer!

Apropos of absolutely nothing - here's a picture of my boys and my sister's girls, taken at Thanksgiving. A handsome group, if I do say so myself. :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy, happy Birthday-month! Do hope your finger heals Fast! I suggest wrapping duct tape around your finger! Construction people use it all the time! It's gonna smell so yummy around your house!

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home