Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Retirement presents and secret pal goodies!

A while ago, my secret pal sent me this yarnand I tried to decided what it wanted to be. Well, a good friend of mine, Carol, is retiring after 20 years as a secretary in the school district. Today was her retirement party, and I wanted to knit her something that she could use. Her hands are cold quite a lot of the time, so I decided to make her a pair of sideways gloves.
One of the other secretaries is modeling these for me...and the flash makes the colors look *much* brighter than they actually are. They're actually quite a bit darker with very subdued color changes, and they're quite pretty. (The hues are a lot closer to the picture of the balls of yarn)
Carol really liked them! I am really going to miss her.

When I got home today, there was a package waiting for me from my secret pal. Inside was a beautiful lace bag
And inside there was Dark Chocolate!! And Cat Bordhi!! (I've picked up this book many, many times at the bookstore, but I have never bought it)

And, wrapped in tissue paper, there was Koigu PPPM!!!

I have always heard sooo many good things about this yarn, but I've never actually touched it until now!! Aren't the colors gorgeous?? THANK YOU very much, Secret Pal!!!

Tomorrow is the last day of school - WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice haul!
BTW, consider yourself Tagged. :)
http://www.cometosilver.com/write/?p=381

4:48 PM  
Blogger sabrina said...

Oh, you got the socks on circs book! It's great, that's what I learned from. And since I am not so good with the DPNs, I pretty much always do the circs thing. 8) I've been wanting to try a toe-up sock next, since I've never done one, so I was planning to try the Cable Top Socks once I finish the current pair. :)

Also, I have to say, that Koigu is gorgeous. Your SP has good taste! And the gloves are cute! I don't think I've seen sideways gloves before, I'm curious how you did that!

9:15 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

those are very pretty gloves. and that koigu is gorgeous. i'm sure you'll enjoy knitting it!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure which looks more delicious--the Koigu or the chocolate!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home