Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Criminy

Wow - it's been a month already! The time? I have no idea where it went!

A quick rundown:

2 days before school started, my school found out that they had one English class that they couldn't cover, so I now teach one class of 9th grade English, and I have 5 class periods with the JDs. It's not much, but it's a start, and I'm really glad to be in the classroom again! Now I have lesson plans, papers to grade and department meetings...but I don't mind! :-)

I'm knitting a men's sweater for KnitPicks right now...a 46" top-down sweater with DK yarn. I can't show it to you yet, but it's a lotta knitting! (The cabled afghan that I knit over the summer will be in the new catalog that's supposed to be mailed at the end of the month...and then I can show it to you!) Right before the yarn for the sweater showed up, I knit the body and sleeves of a sweater for Michael del Vecchio (of "Knitting with Balls" fame), and that sweater will be in the February Knit 'n Style. I really like Michael's designs, and this one is no exception. I haven't seen what the completed sweater will look like, but if the body and sleeves are any indication, it will be very popular! :-)

I sent off my final package to my secret pal - she received it today. Her name is Heather, and her blog is here . I have no idea who my upstream pal is - I haven't heard from her in ages. :-(

Back to the regularly scheduled madness...

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Congratulations on getting back to the classroom, as you have been wanting.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home