Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Mimbres

Here's my latest project for KnitPicks - the Mimbres Vest. (scroll down on this page to see a finished vest). I'm knitting it in Telemark, which is one of the new yarn lines.

The front steek: and the armhole steek:
I should finish knitting the body and be ready to cut it by Sunday, if all goes well. Then Kyle and I need to go pick out buttons, and I need to do double I-Cord around the entire vest.

If all goes really, really well, I'll have this ready to ship by the middle of next week. Oof.

I'm really, really liking these needles, even though I managed to draw blood with them. (Just so you know - any member of my immediate family who may be reading this is saying "Yep! She hurt herself with a common object again!" I mean, I managed to slice my thumb wide open with a piece of Christmas candy last month, so this is nothing new for me)

Meanwhile, I'm knitting as fast as I can...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lookin' good. I thought the Telemark was a thicker yarn than the Quebecoise. I'm using the Quebecoise. Mine has been 'on hold' since October when I had some other projects on deadline. Had gotten buttons at camp, but then found silver buttons with red centers...maybe you can find silver with turquoise?

8:23 PM  
Blogger Bogart H. Devil said...

Just wanted to say HI to you and Gracie! Your knitting is BEAUTIFUL - my mom knits too!

Love,
Bogart

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh - this vest is so gorgeous! What a wonderful pattern, and the yarn seems to be fantastic too! Can't wait to see it all finished in its glory! Great job!

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home