Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I'm tired of snow...

Since yesterday:I have drifts up to my eyes on the side of the house, and I measured 17-1/2" in the driveway since yesterday. I'm officially tired of snow!!!

On the knitting front, I've been working on this:
It doesn't look like much yet, I know,(the white streaks are my dental-floss lifelines) but this is a shawl that I'm designing. I'm calling it "Laura's Rose Garden," and we're going to raffle it at the Ohio Soaper's Gathering in April. All proceeds are going to go to LauraLee's family. I'm knitting it from 100% merino laceweight from Joslyn's Fiber Farm (I bought a 2700 yard skein at Knitting Camp 2 years ago).
Remember the Mimbres?? Well, it's not going to be in the next KnitPicks catalog. When I made a copy of the chart to carry with me, I jotted down the dimensions so I wouldn't have to keep referring to the book. Well, the bottom to the armhole is supposed to be 14" and the armhole to the top is supposed to be 11"...and I transposed the numbers when I jotted them down. :-( Boy, did I feel like an idiot. They're sending it back to me, and I have to reknit a new one. I'll have until July to finish this one for the October catalog.
I finished the top-secret book project, and it turned out really well!! I will say that I'm going to be buying the book when it comes out so I can see my project, but I can't imagine that I would ever be able actually use any of the patterns that will be in the book!! You'll see what I mean when the book comes out. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger tatjana said...

Hi Kim! Sorry to hear about the Mimbres, that's really too bad. But the pattern is really pretty, and like it's at least not boring to knit. Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog, you're a sweetie! I'm really glad you stopped by :)

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Kim! I'm also sorry about Mimbres. I'm just glad I got to see it in person (I met you at JoAnn's last month while you were searching for buttons and I was buying wool)! Your work on it was beautiful.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home