Monday, March 05, 2007

I've been a bad blogger....

Yes, I'm still here - it just seems that with everything going on, my blogging mojo kinda left the building for a while. I've been pretty busy, though!

Let's see....

I started doing home instruction 2 days a week after school for a student home on medical leave. He can't write, so I have to scribe everything. Not a lot of fun, but as a second job, it's not bad.

We had several snow days and a few more windchill days. Gracie likes snow days a lot better than we do!!
Kelson had another series of bomb threats at his school, which kept him home for 3 more days. (They're over on their calamity days, so they've been starting school at 6:30 for the last week and a half to make up some of the time).

2 weeks ago I drove Kelson to Mantua for the OMEA Solo & Ensemble contest...and he got a "I" (Superior) for his tuba solo!! Woohoo!!!

Last Saturday, we got up really early and drove 3-1/2 hours to Arcanum, Ohio for my nephew John's wedding. I had never met the bride, but the wedding was beautiful.
The whole family got dressed up, which doesn't happen often

We stayed for about 3 hours, and then drove home - that was a very long day!!!

In the meantime, I've been knitting. Since I last posted anything, I made quite a bit of progress on the charity shawl (no pics yet, though), and I knitted these

Sideways gloves from Furlana possum/merino yarn. I really wish I could get my hands on more of this yarn - I bought it at a yarn shop by my parents' house, but nobody sells it anymore.

I also made these

These are 100% alpaca wrist warmers - my room at school is freezing, and these really help.

I also made this in the last week...I can't show it to you yet(I was testing a pattern for KnitPicks) but the completed object will be in the next catalog. Suffice it to say that it's really, really pretty, and it's a heckuva lot of knitting in 4 days (while working full time)!

I also started over with the Mimbres, and I'm about 2" into the body.

Not a whole lot more that's exciting - just hectic. After a long day trapped in a room with 18-25 juvenile delinquents, my mind is pretty much jello by the time I get home. Spring Break is coming, though!!!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

busy! you must be knitting in your sleep! can hardly wait for camp acceptance letter and camp!!!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Welcome back!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’m in the process of doing some massive ring maintenance for the FiberArts Bloggers ring and I am contacting you because you're missing you ring code. I will go ahead and e-mail you the basic ring code now, but if you don’t get it please let me know.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions/concerns. Once you have your code up, and/or have posted, if you want to send me a note I’d appreciate it, so I can get you back into the ring that much faster. Thanks!
Joni

7:45 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Yea for Spring Break! I'm so jealous; I wish I had that to look forward to! I absolutley love the Gracie photo - cute nose shot!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home